Location: At the foot of Mt. Hood in Oregon on a bluff overlooking the Sandy River.
There are three main parts to the Talisman Gardens:
- The KNOLL: the front gardens… on a small knoll
- The CURVES: the side gardens… up against the house
- The VIEW: the back gardens … looking over Mt. Hood
- Knoll Gardens: Shade Garden, Veggie Garden, SnapDragon Garden
- Curve Gardens: The GrapeVine, The Roses
- View Gardens: The Marigolds, The Yellow and Orange Garden, The Second Rose Garden, The Lavender Gardens…and the new waterfall
The work called Talisman Gardens is truly a work of love – inspired by so many people and events in my life. I want to eventually create a garden around themes. I want to be able to see or smell or feel something in the garden and let the memories flood me. So many ideas so far, to include in the garden.
- the sight, the sound, the feel of water, water, water
- the timelessness of roses
- the elegance of blue herons
- the scent of marigolds and lavender
- the need for curves
- the endless shades of green
- the unity and individuality of color